1. Firstly, using high quality RCA interconnects, connect the outputs of your turntable to the MM input socket of the Alva Duo if fitted with a moving magnet cartridge, or the MC input socket if fitted with a moving coil cartridge
2. If your turntable uses a separate ground lead, connect this to the ground screw on the Alva Duo
This reduces any potential hum or buzzing.
3. Connect the signal output sockets of the Alva Duo to a line-level input on your amplifier
4. Ensure that the balance control is set to the central position.
This can be adjusted later if necessary.
5. Attach the mains power lead securely to the Alva Solo and power on the unit
6. Using the cartridge type selection switch, set the Alva Duo to MM for use with a moving magnet cartridge, or MC for use with a moving coil